My brother gave me the "Cookie Bible" for my birthday last year. I made the crunchy peanut butter cookie recipe in it and added some raisins for good fun.
Crunchy Raisin Peanut Butter Cookies
1/2 cup butter at room temperature, diced
3/4 cup firmly packed soft light brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup crunchy peanut butter
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 baking soda
pinch of salt
1/3 cup raisins
1. Cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy
2. In another bowl, mix egg and vanilla, gradually beat into butter mixture
3. Stir in peanut butter and blend thoroughly. Sift together the flour, baking soda, and salt. Stir into mixture to form soft dough. Fold in raisins. Chill dough for at least 30 minutes until firm.
4. Preheat oven to 350F/Gas 4. lightly grease two baking sheets.
5. Spoon out rounded teaspoonfuls of dough and roll into balls.
6. Place balls on baking sheets and press flat with a fork, into rounds about 2 in in diameter. Bake for about 12 minutes or until lightly colored.