Friday, September 10, 2010

In New York...There's nothing you can't do...

I have said my goodbyes to Boston and moved to New York City! So here I am, having begun the Baking and Pastry Arts program at The Institute of Culinary Education in mid August. Almost two months in and I am loving every aspect.

My first class taught me this: I knew null about pastry or baking.

I am really excited being here. There is so much opportunity all around me. So far I've volunteered the StarChef's Annual International Chefs Congress where I was lucky enough to assist the Pastry Competition and some top pastry chefs. The Winebow Trade Event was my second endeavor and reinforced my wine knowledge. I represented Athenee Importers for the day and met some great professionals during the process.

Here's what we've been doing in class:


Strawberry Salad with Balsamic and Tarragon

Apricot Pate de Fruits

Poached Pears in Caramel Sauce

No comments:

Post a Comment